Today I am going to reveal to you the 6 foods you will always find in my fridge and pantry on any given day. Always having these foods on hand means I will be more likely to reach for one of these healthy options instead of something not so good for me.
What are they, you ask?
- Right now in my fridge you can find about 5 dozen eggs. I have eggs just about every single morning, as do my husband and 1 year old. Between the 3 of us we go through 5 eggs each day! You can see why we need so many on hand. Eggs are such a great source of protein and protein is exactly what I need to stay fuller longer during my morning.
- How do I cook them? I usually will scramble them and put some coconut aminos on top or I will sauté red onion, bell pepper (any color I have on hand), grape tomatoes, and spinach with the eggs.
- Bananas! We love bananas in our house. My son eats them like candy and they are a staple in 99% of my smoothies. With plenty of potassium they help prevent muscle cramps during the hardest of workouts.
- I got hooked on Larabars during the Whole30. Not every Larabar is without some sort of sweetener, but the two I love most are totally and completely guilt-free! The Cashew Cookie ingredient list includes just cashews and dates. Seriously!? Yes, seriously. And it’s delish. My other favorite is Chocolate Coconut Chew. Ingredients include dates, almonds, walnuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, and unsweetened coconut. If you need your chocolate fix this is the bar for you!
- Sweet potatoes
- I love to sauté zucchini in olive oil, bake, and even make zucchini soup. This green vegetable is a favorite!
- Chicken is the meat we have the most throughout the week, so it is always marinating in our fridge or already grilled, waiting to be eaten. It is so easy to make a bunch and bring it to work for lunch, or chop up to make chicken salad.
That’s it! Other stocked items that I usually have on hand are bell peppers, brown rice, quinoa, and tomato paste. What it boils down to is real food. Nothing processed, nothing fake. Now, that’s not to say I never eat processed foods! Of course I do! I can’t go home and not have some of my mom’s famous almond bars, or my mother-in-laws amazing chocolate chips cookies. Everything in moderation. They key is to keep it out of your own house so you’re less likely to slip up.
What about you? What do you always keep in your kitchen? If the answer is boxed, processed, fake foods maybe it’s time to reevaluate. Our blog is full of ways to stay healthy, keep up your motivation, and meal ideas! Check them out and become the best, healthiest you this year! Happy hump day everyone!
- 7 healthy habits to follow in order to achieve you fitness goals
- How to jump back on the fitness bandwagon
- Fiesta quinoa salad
Until next time,