When you get the munchies…well…that is the time to hoist up all of your willpower and stay on track! Are you actually hungry? If not drink 8-16 ounces of water then see how you feel. If you’re actually hungry reach for one of my favorite go-to’s when I need something to tide me over until dinner.
Salted Plantain Chips
- I love salted plantain chips because they contain no sugar, they’re tasty, and easy to take with you. Plus they give you a good crunch and a bit of saltiness when you’re craving chips!
- Eat sparingly! Dried fruit is a bit high in sugar and doesn’t contain the fiber whole fruit has in order to digest the sugars in them. If I’m craving something sweet I will have a slice or two of dried mango. Make sure they are unsweetened! They’re plenty sweet on their own.
- Chickpeas are great because they give you some great protein. Drain a can of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) and toss in olive oil before seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder. Spread out on a pan and roast in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- I love larabars because they are real food! These are three of my favorite kinds. Not all are free of added sugars like juice concentrate, but these are! Here are the ingredients:
- Chocolate coconut chew: dates, almonds, walnuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, and unsweetened coconut.
- Pecan pie: dates, pecans, and almonds.
- Cashew cookie: cashews and dates.
How do you like to snack!? What keeps you on track? Let me know! Have a great rest of your week, peeps.
Until next time,